- Fancy work sticker 1715 transparent from set 3.9790
- Pricking tool and pricking mat
- Red thread in various shades or kinds
- red paillets and white beads
- heavy cardstock white size A4 and size 8 x 15 cm
- red cardstock size 8 x 15 cm and size 7.5 x 7.5 cm
- red ribbon
- self-adhesive foil
General directions for embroidering the sticker
Stick the sticker on a piece of (white) paper. Put the paper on a pricking mat and prick through the holes with a thin pricking pen.
Use a thin needle, for two reasons: it runs through the holes more easily and during embroidering you can sew on beads without having to change needles.
Embroider with 1 strand of stranded cotton (if desired the basting lines with 2 strands) or 1 metallic thread. Use threads with a length of 40 cm maximum.
Fastening on thread
Put a thread in the needle, run it through the first hole from the back to the front and stick the beginning of the thread to the back of the card with a piece of adhesive tape.
Fastening off thread
Stick the end of the thread also at the back with a piece of adhesive tape
The designs have been made so as to ensure that straight stitches will take you most of the way. Combined with sewing on beads, each sticker gives a fantastic result!
Sewing on beads
Run the needle through the hole from the back to the front, string on a bead and run the needle through the same hole to the back. Go to the next hole and repeat this.
Spangle + bead: first string a spangle on the thread and then a bead, push them to the right place and run the needle through the spangle and the hole to the back.
* Stick all paper sizes one on top of the other as on the photograph and stick the embroidered sticker as the last one on top of them all.
* Because the sticker is transparent, it takes up the colour of the card onto which it is stuck, which allows you to vary colours by adapting the colour of the card.